Reflective Journal

March 20, 2010

Journal for Dinner Dialogue

Searching for African American Women who speak on financial literacy. When the topic in class was categorized only for African American Women I knew off hand that I would already have a hard time. This industry is hard and for the African American community it is a huge cookie to break off, since we are the most targeted by consumption. I already have Suzie Orman, who is white but speaks out for Americans and educating them on their personal finances. Luckily I found Cheryl Broussard, a black women who teaches black women on a variety of subjects including financial literacy. Once I found her and familiarized myself with her work, I am making it mission to meet her and possibly a future mentor. I am still looking for African American women to be apart of the dialogue.

March 21, 2010

Journal for the Dinner Dialogue

Still maintaining my cool with all of these assignments. Encountered the assignment sheet for the proposal and thought it would be in my best interest to make the two of similar subjects. The proposal will give Americans especially African Americans the motivation to get their finances in order. The Dinner Dialogue will seek out prominent people to discuss the issue on Black Woman and their finances. Black Women are getting more attention than ever especially since most of us are single, have kids, educated with little income. I believe that my dialogue will serve as a very on time piece and my post-grad roll as a Program Director of an organization that teaches financial literacy all falls in place. Found many interesting article. Still debating what form of media I will choose. Thinking about the topics of discussion. Still there is a lot left to do.

April 4, 2010

In class assignment

Feeling a little pressure because the due date of this assignment is rapidly approaching and I still have a lot to put on paper, though I have lots of mental notes. I decided that it was time to put these notes on paper and move forth with my project.

April 5, 2010

Writing the proposal

Writing the proposal was not going to be a problem since I made the majority of my decisions when the assignment was first giving. All I had to do was make sure I followed the guidelines for submission. I had also thought about creating a well rounded guest list these included business women, financial advisors along with supporters and those who do not support African American's overspending.

April 7, 2010

April 11, 2010

Status update

I still must finish the script though I have a lot of mental notes. Just must spend a lot of time putting it to paper. I found to additional people that I will add to my script that will give the view point of a African American Women consumer. These two women will be Oprah Winfrey and Beyonce Knowles. While these women do have business expertise they purpose in the forum will be to discuss their pricey expenditure as African American Women.

April 12, 2010

Creating the Script aka the menu

I really dreaded writing this part of the project. I knew how i could have a debate because I would simply could create various opinions from each guest. Also I had so many guest I didn't think I would be able to keep up with all of the guests. So I had no choice but to start writing since I had to turn in one for class. Once I started writing I got creating by making up questions so that everyone had a chance to participate. Then I forgot that I had to add a debate and solution to my proposal. I decided that it would come at the end when we all decided how to inspire to make a change and their debate would come in their differences.

April 15, 2010

Dialogue Decisions

So Ive been debating what type of multimedia method I will use for my project. I initaitally wanted to create a webpage because I would be able to use those skills elsewhere. Then I thought making a movie would be fun, but I do not know how to make a movie nor create a webpage. So rather than take a lot of time, I decided to create blog. Since I have taken time out a few months ago to figure out how it works i decided to display my dinner dialogue on a blog.


April 17, 2010

So I realized that I had a movie maker on my mac computer and I tried to use it but it was really difficult. I then realized it was just like the adobe editor I used in high school to edit news clips for our TV show. Since I had already started my blog I decided to make 2 mini movies and put them on my blog. The first mini movie are pictures of my guest and the second one is the audio invitation.


April 18, 2010

There are many features being added to blog that I think it will be interesting, eye catching and moving. I have many videos, pictures, links, related blogs and the tasks needed for class.

April 20, 2010

Since I could not present in class I took the liberty to fine tune some items to my blog. I shared my blog with close friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment